Gym, boozy brunches, computer games
3 fun facts:
- 1. I wanted to be a pirate when I 'grew up'
- 2. I like build a bear far too much for a 32 y/o - yes I do have most of the BAB Pokémon collection
- 3. I have two very chatty Bengal kittens named Bagheera and Nala.
1. What is your day job?
2. What made you get into pole?
I was always fascinated with rhythmic gymnastics (however I wasn't exactly back-flip material - this I made peace with very quickly!) so pole seemed like a plausible approach (a the time - little did I know!), plus I was into dance a lot at the time! I felt pole combined the two but allowed more freedom of movement and expression. It also looked fun!
3. What do you enjoy most about pole?
The challenge! No pun intended but it keeps you on your toes. Leaning new moves/tricks, maintaining strength and stamina, always wanting/needing to improve. It never gets boring.
4. What is your favourite part about teaching?
Seeing students fall in love with pole! Seeing them progress - the joy on their face when they finally get that move that's bugged them!
5. What is your nemesis pole move?
Anything Handstand related!!!
6. What is your 2021 pole goal?
To do handstand tricks! Once I can unlock this I can break down the barriers I have to the moves I struggle with!
7. What is your favourite element of pole?
If I have to chose, flow - but I like them all combined. I was taught tricks and spins in heels (not sky-scraper ones though!) when I first started and loved it! It stopped when I changed schools.
8. When did you start pole?
- Advanced Pole Secrets Pole Instructor
- Beginner Pole Studio Instructor
- Spin City Anatomy and Physiology
- Level 2 & 3 Exercise Fitness Knowledge
- Level 2 Gym Instructor
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Level 2 Exercise to Music
- Circuits Instructor
- TRX and Boxfit Instructor
- Level 2 Nutritionist
- Reebox Group Cycle
- Level 3 Sports Massage
- Level 4 Injury Rehab